Premium Content:

Boy George offers to cover cost of Pete Burns funeral

Boy George-horz-001

The world was shocked last week when it was announced that Dead or Alive vocalist Pete Burns had passed away at the age of 57.

- Advertisement -

It has been reported that fellow UK musician and flamboyant icon Boy George has offered to cover the expenses of Burns’ funeral costs as a gesture of good will.

“He was one of our great true eccentrics and such a big part of my life,” George said.

A source close to Burns and George told The Sun that Burns was very disorganised and had few resources in his latter years.

“When George got wind of this, he offered to pay for the whole thing straight away,” the source said.

The report stated that George would organise the service along with Burns’ ex-wife Lynne Corlett and husband Michael Simpson.

“He told Lynne not to worry and said he would take care of it. He thinks she and Michael have enough on their plates and wanted to take this concern away from them.”

“It is a very generous gesture – and typical of George. As soon as he heard there was a problem he did not hesitate to sort it out.”

OIP Staff


Sources

Latest

‘Deadloch’ Season 2 heads to the far north

Comedy mystery-murder series Deadloch will return for a second season in March .

‘Breakers’: WA-based Netflix series reveals cast led by Antony Starr

Netflix has revealed more details about the cast of their upcoming series Breakers, the streaming giant's first to film in WA.

Rainbow Migrants to host free legal information sessions

Topics include renting and housing rights, visa and migration issues, discrimination and police.

Rocker Melissa Etheridge reflects on her long career and survival

Melissa Ethridge is getting ready to bring out her first album in five years and is looking back on her life and career.

Newsletter

Don't miss

‘Deadloch’ Season 2 heads to the far north

Comedy mystery-murder series Deadloch will return for a second season in March .

‘Breakers’: WA-based Netflix series reveals cast led by Antony Starr

Netflix has revealed more details about the cast of their upcoming series Breakers, the streaming giant's first to film in WA.

Rainbow Migrants to host free legal information sessions

Topics include renting and housing rights, visa and migration issues, discrimination and police.

Rocker Melissa Etheridge reflects on her long career and survival

Melissa Ethridge is getting ready to bring out her first album in five years and is looking back on her life and career.

RAINBOWlers head to Albany Pride

What a perfect ay to spend a Sunday afternoon.

‘Deadloch’ Season 2 heads to the far north

Comedy mystery-murder series Deadloch will return for a second season in March .

‘Breakers’: WA-based Netflix series reveals cast led by Antony Starr

Netflix has revealed more details about the cast of their upcoming series Breakers, the streaming giant's first to film in WA.

Rainbow Migrants to host free legal information sessions

Topics include renting and housing rights, visa and migration issues, discrimination and police.