Home » Posts tagged with » New York
Cynthia Nixon still plans to run for Governor of New York

Cynthia Nixon still plans to run for Governor of New York

Cynthia Nixon has vowed to continue her campaign to become the next Governor of New York despite failing to gain the Democratic nomination. Nixon suffered a massive defeat the party’s conference this week when she only gained 5% of the vote. Her opponent, incumbent Governor Andrew Cuomo received the other 95% of votes. If Nixon […]

Tags: , , , , ,

Sofi Tukker release new tune penned with Jake Shears

Sofi Tukker release new tune penned with Jake Shears

New York based duo Sofi Tukker have a new tune and it’s co-written  by Scissor Sisters frontman Jake Shears and Jon Hume from Evermore. We loved the band’s debut single Drinkee which went on to be featured in a few advertising campaigns around the world. The duo’s latest tune is Fuck They and it’s pretty catchy. […]

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Read More

Alan Cumming explains his love of sappy songs

Alan Cumming is heading to Perth to sing some sappy songs, and while he’s in town he’s got a mission to complete. The label ‘multi-talented’ is one that fits Alan Cumming well. He’s an acclaimed actor, appearing in films and television shows, ranging from Bond films to TV’s The Good Wife. He’s a musical theatre […]

Tags: , , ,

Read More

New York issues first intersex birth certificate in USA

New York issues first intersex birth certificate in USA

Sara Kelly Keenan has become the first person in New York to be issued a birth certificate that acknowledges their intersex status. Keenan, a 55-year-old advocate and paralegal, has obtained a new birth certificate that identifies their gender as intersex rather than male or female. It is believed to be the first of birth certificate of […]

Tags: , , , , , ,

Read More

Billy on the Street: “It’s Debra Messing You Gays!”

Billy on the Street: “It’s Debra Messing You Gays!”

Out comedian and star of Billy on the Street and Difficult People has the gayest Christmas gift of all for the streets of New York, the one and only Debra Messing! For those unfamiliar with Billy on the Street, Eichner is known for prowling the streets of New York accosting people guerrilla style with a series of games, pop culture trivia […]

Tags: , , , , ,

Read More

Fatal shooting in New York gay bar a “random act”

Fatal shooting in New York gay bar a “random act”

A queer nightclub in Albany, New York has been shaken by a gun attack which has killed one man and another three people injured. Police have reported that four people were shot at Rocks in Albany. One man has died in hospital as a result of the gunshots, though the other three wounded are expected to […]

Tags: , , , , , ,

Read More

Pam Ann: In For The Long Haul

Comedian Pam Ann’s flight itinerary has her booked in for a trip to Perth later this year. The popular comedian has been jetting around the globe celebrating a big anniversary. Looking back on her twenty years of performing to adoring crowds, Pam Ann said she was grateful for her career longevity. “It feels very good […]

Tags: , , , , , ,

Read More

Photographer Bill Cunningham dead at 87

Photographer Bill Cunningham dead at 87

New York street fashion photographer Bill Cunningham has died aged 87. The New York Times photographer, who always wore his distinctive blue jacket, traveled the streets of New York by bicycle photographing red carpet events and street fashion. The Times reported the photographer’s death revealing that he’d recently been hospitalised after he suffered a stroke. […]

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Read More

Who are favourites to win at the Tony Awards?

James Corden is set to host the Tony Awards for the first time tomorrow. The Broadway theatre awards will see the best dramas and musicals from the last year honoured. It’s the awards 70th outing and musical ‘Hamilton’ has broken the record books with an astounding 16 nominations. Corden told the New York Post that […]

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Read More

Bibliophile: Edmund White’s ‘Our Young Man’

Our Young Man by Edmund White Bloomsbury Edmund White is a legend in GLBTI fiction and nonfiction writing. He wrote ‘The Joy of Gay Sex’ with Charles Silverstein in 1977 and has explored gay life in New York in his famous trilogy. Largely autobiographical, ‘Boys Own Story’ relates a young boy’s sexual awakening; ‘The Beautiful […]

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Read More